Curriculum Lead - Art, Design and Photography 0.8FTE
0.8 FTE (30 hours per week)
The post holder will report to and work collaboratively with the Head of Creative Industries and will be responsible for the line management of the Art and Design and Photography teams and for overseeing the operational and development plans for the Art, Design and Photography full time study programmes and part time courses to ensure that the very highest academic and personal development outcomes are achieved for all of our students.
The post holder will course lead the Level 3 UAL Art and Design Diploma and Extended Diploma programmes managing all aspects of these programmes from recruitment through to final achievement and will deliver teaching and learning and undertake academic and pastoral tutorials on these programmes. There may also be a requirement to teach on other programmes within the curriculum area when necessary, so applicants should be able to teach across different levels.
The Centre for Creative Industries was graded outstanding in the last college Ofsted Inspection and has gained a high level of recognition with schools, colleges, the UAL awarding body and HE institutions both locally and nationally for providing outstanding creative education, achieving exceptional success rates, high grades and student progression onto first choice HE institutions throughout the country.
Main purpose and responsibilities
- To embrace the college vision and mission and embody the college values.
- To recruit students with integrity ensuring an inclusive approach
- To deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment and manage student performance.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of curriculum plans in alignment with the college strategic plan.
- To continually improve the student experience by ensuring quality improvement and assurance systems are implemented and to have responsibility for supporting the achievement of college targets.
- To ensure students are supported to achieve, progress and secure employment
- To be aware of, comply with all College policies and procedures at all times