Programme Manager - Health, Science and Social Care (LUM257/309)
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our School of Health Science and Social Care team. We offer courses from Entry 3 to Level 3 for young people and adults who want to progress into the health and social care sector. We are an outstanding department with highly committed and supportive staff.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Health and Social Care programme manager who will oversee the level 3 provision. The role is open to qualified teachers with a variety of backgrounds, such as Health/Applied Sciences, Sport Sciences, Anatomy and Physiology, Psychology and other related disciplines. You will be joining an experienced, supportive team with a strong commitment to sharing ideas and resources and you will be responsible for a small team of course leaders and teachers.
As a Programme manager, you will take responsibility for an element of curriculum provision, planning schemes of work and developing resources. You will also act as a personal tutor for a group of learners who will also comprise one of your teaching groups. Applications from experienced teachers, as well as those newer to the profession are welcome; we will be seeking to appoint a programme manager with the greatest ability, enthusiasm and commitment to excellence in the classroom.
What You Will Do
- Our learners come from some of the most deprived areas of the city and wider area and are facing many challenges in their daily lives. You will work alongside the support team to support our students' to remain on programme and achieve by providing invaluable wellbeing and safeguarding support whilst raising attainment.
- You will need to monitor performance, ensure quality standards are kept and improved, work with our stakeholders and external agencies to maintain the links with industry for placements.
- Lead on the Level 3 NCFE Cache Technical Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Develop relevant curriculum to ensure students are ready for a career in health and social care and the exciting career opportunities that are potential within the sector.
- Liaise with employers from the industry sector as these learners must complete mandatory work placement to complete their course.
- Highly Organised and able to stay calm and work under pressure.
- Has experience in safeguarding young people and/ or adults.
- Is highly motivated and able to use their own initiative to respond to challenges as well as being able to work effectively within a team.
- Has experience of working with vulnerable groups in an educational setting and of working with a range of internal and external partners and referring into their services.
- Has experience supporting students in a FE setting.
- Ideally has a clinical background to support the growing need for T levels in health and support the need and growth of the sector.
- Has a commitment to professional standards and restorative practice approaches.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.