Course Leader BTEC Science (LUM336/316)
About the Role
Leeds Sixth Form College prides itself on its students’ journeys to success. It is driven by hard work and the strong belief that every student has the capacity to excel, regardless of their background. Leeds Sixth Form College offers a range of A level, vocational and GCSE subjects and is committed to providing an exceptional experience, with outcomes to match. We are looking for an outstanding candidate to work with the Programme Manager for BTEC Applied Science to maintain the high standards.
What You Will Do
- You will maintain high quality and effective delivery across the course team and develop new modules, units and courses.
- You will plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources and assessment plans and ensure these are in place for all the course(s) teaching activity, helping to ensure all team members maintain and update knowledge of the subject and / or vocational area.
- You will motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression, reflecting on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students and engage in scholarly activity.
- You will develop and adapt curriculum delivery with the course team to maximise its effectiveness and efficiency.
- You will hold an Honours Degree in a Science subject, have relevant experience in teaching these to 16-18 year-olds up to level 3.
- You will also hold or be working towards a recognised teaching qualification.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.