Learning Resource Facilitator
We currently have a vacancy for a full time, term time Learning Resource Facilitator to join our vibrant team in the Learning Resource Centre (LRC). As part of your role you will be required to support students within the LRC and will be required to lead small group sessions to help support their studies. This role encompasses customer service and learner support whilst working as part of a hardworking team. There is also a potential for cross site working and the prospect to develop and expand the role alongside your areas of expertise.
What skills are we looking for:
- A good team player
- Able to communicate well at all levels
- Work in a busy environment
Responsibilities for the role:
- Act as the facilitator for students to access coaching and learning sessions by continually interacting and engaging with all students in the learning centre and assess.
- Proactive approach to becoming knowledgeable, competent and enthusiastic in advising and guiding staff and students in the use of a range of learning and digital resources including; VLE, educational and online apps, social networking, web tools for the purpose of sourcing curriculum materials that integrate technology and improve digital and information literacy skills.
- Working with the Learning Resource Centre Team Leader to maintain the smooth day to day running of The Learning Resource Centre, ensuring a welcoming, high quality customer service experience to all users.
- Actively engage with learners to ascertain their learning/study needs, establishing a positive rapport to facilitate their independent study, research and e-learning needs.
- Support a linked curriculum area(s) with the identification and acquisition of digital/learning resources that support students. Display, promote and circulate learning and digital resources to the relevant curriculum areas and provide management information and statistics to the Learning Resource Centre Team Leader on the utilisation of resources.
- Support cross college improvement strategies e.g. Learning, embedding English and Maths, equality and diversity, safeguarding etc.
- Support college wide recruitment events such as Enrolment, Open Evenings / weekends and Interview Evenings.
- Be aware of and follow college policies and procedures, with particular attention to health and safety, safeguarding, risk management, equality and diversity, quality and our values and behaviours.
- Attend all mandatory training and updates as required.
- To undertake counter routines where appropriate e.g. supporting students in the issue and return of items, reservations and dealing with charges and miscellaneous sales.
- Process and Catalogue assets ensuring the Learning Resource Centre remains presentable and items are stored appropriately.
- Promote excellent standards of behaviour by creating a purposeful, positive and supportive learning environment.
- Support the development of learning skills (digital, study, research, information, literacy, numeracy) both 1-2-1 and online and deliver learning skills sessions on a regular basis to meet learning needs.
- To carry out other duties as required and as may be reasonably be expected as commensurate with the grade of the post.
The Location: The site is based primarily in Nuneaton, there will be requirement where necessary to work at Hinckley and South Wigston campuses
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact Wendy Beckett firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay range we’re offering is £21,221 (FTE) pro rata 38 weeks £17,944
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension
- We offer great staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are integral to everything that we do. We are committed to these values, and they are central to our mission. We’re committed to finding reasonable adjustments* for candidates with specific needs or have a disability during our recruitment process, and all applicants will be considered fairly and equally. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. *If you’d like to request a reasonable adjustment, please contact the recruiting manager.
We aim to support our employees in achieving a healthy work-life balance. We recognise that many of our employees have responsibilities and are committed to providing support for our employees. We are working hard to support flexible and new ways of working where possible and offer a wide range of benefits.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references’.
'Please apply as soon as you can as we reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a suitable number of applications.'
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.