Course Leader - Electrical Installation (LUM60/173)
About the Role
Harrogate College are recruiting for a Course Leader in Electrical Installation to join the team.
The Ideal candidate would be a qualified Electrical Installer and have a Teaching qualification, A1 and V1 or a desire to achieve these. Experience of delivering City & Guilds qualifications would be an advantage.
If you have the relevant industry experience and want to get into teaching as a career, we will support you with your teacher training as part of the package.
We are a growing Engineering department, based in Harrogate. We are passionate about sustainability and Green Sector Skills and as part of this are developing a curriculum to meet the needs of industry and local employers. We deliver to 16-18, 19+ on part time and full time basis and apprentices. We offer pathways in Automotive, Construction and Electrical Installation.
The department is dynamic and has a range of staff straight from industry along with those that have experience of the education sector. All bring knowledge and experience to the table and are enthusiastic to share with the learners.
What You Will Do
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, planning and delivery of the curriculum to learners at Level 1-3 and CPD courses.
- Lead, inspire and support learners with different abilities and learning styles.
- Interview and complete initial assessments of the learners’ skills within the subject.
- Deliver and assess work, giving regular appropriate developmental feedback and maintain records of learners’ progress and development.
- Identify and plan additional support and interventions for learners as necessary.
- Act as company representatives at parents’ evenings, taster days and open days.
- Manage learner behaviour and apply appropriate and effective measures in line with College policies.
- Ensure that safeguarding, prevent and equality and diversity policies are always followed, and concerns are reported accordingly.
- Keep up to date with all mandatory training and ensure it is logged appropriately
- Contribute to the Department Self Assessment Report.
- We are looking for an inspirational and enthusiastic teacher who can work as part of the teaching team to ensure learners achieve the appropriate qualifications while developing the learners’ employability, personal and social skills.
- The Ideal candidate would be a qualified Electrical Installer and have a Teaching qualification, A1 and V1 or a desire to achieve these.
- Experience of delivering City & Guilds qualifications would be an advantage.
- Committed to self development with respect to staying up to date, improving the College's output and widening the curriculum.
- Have the ability to work unsupervised to produce plans, schemes of learning and appropriate learning materials for new courses.
- IT literacy would be an advantage (Google/Office).
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes. Harrogate Campus also has free onsite parking for all staff.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Harrogate College has excellent facilities and provides a professional and friendly environment. We pride ourselves on working closely with employers, the local community and other stakeholders to provide curriculum and support that meets the needs of our students. We are working towards becoming a recognised centre of green excellence which is supported through our sustainability pledge to become a net zero college by 2035.
We have recently been awarded £16m of government funding to transform our campus. The energy-efficient new building will include a workshop unit that provides large scale facilities aligned to industry needs including advanced manufacturing, low carbon construction, retrofit, sustainable energy and bio-economy, health science and hospitality. This will complement the college’s existing tech centre which is home to its motor vehicle, electrical, joinery and welding workshops.
Choosing to work for Harrogate College means that you will be part of a nurturing, inclusive and progressive learning environment. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Harrogate College.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.