Social Media Coordinator
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford or Kettering campus for a Social Media Coordinator to become a key member of our Marketing department.
As a Social Media Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Coordinating The Bedford College Group’s social media channels and maintain and grow our social media presence.
- Generating organic social media activity and co-ordinate the sharing of content across the Group.
- Planning and implementing content marketing campaigns appropriate to the channel being used to increase brand awareness and engagement across the Group working with other teams to generate content to influence/ improve on targets and KPIs
- Monitoring social media channels and respond appropriately to posts and comments, and identify issues that require escalation in line with our procedures.
Our ideal candidates will have expertise in using multiple social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and emerging social media trends and an in-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics, alongside the following qualifications:
- GCSE Maths and English (grades A* to C) or equivalent
- Educated to Level 3, such as A-Level or BTEC Extended Diploma
- Degree in a relevant subject such as Marketing, Digital Media or a creative subject or a years’ experience in a similar role
- As part of this role the successful candidate will be expected to work towards achieving a CIPR or CIM accredited qualification. This may involve a role specific apprenticeship in Content Creation or equivalent followed by professional qualifications.
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Candidates who are barred from working with children are reminded it is a criminal offence to apply for this post.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on 27th July 2023.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.