Campus MIS Support Officer (LUM329/276)
About the Role
Leeds Sixth Form is looking for an enthusiastic Campus MIS Support Officer to provide support within a busy educational campus. You must be able to deliver outstanding customer service and have experience of working in a fast-paced administrative environment.
This role focusses on all data connected to the student record therefore a proven track record of excellent IT skills is essential. You will be working across various systems, databases and multiple data sources to support schools in all aspects of curriculum data, which includes curriculum planning, timetabling, room utilisation, course profile, funding maximisation, enrolment data, ILR error clearing, and ensuring data is accurate and audit compliant. An understanding of funding and performance methodologies and the use of data to drive developments is desirable.
Experience of Google and Microsoft packages is desirable.
You will be supported by a committed team who have student success at the heart of their roles.
What You Will Do
- Input information accurately and in a timely manner into the different systems
- Ensuring systems and processes are implemented effectively to maximise efficiency
- Understand what information is needed and ensure that is collated and inputted into the systems accurately
- You will maintain our MIS systems within the team to ensure the accuracy of student information that feeds into College’s funding claim.
- You will also work closely with internal stakeholders and respond to requests for data to support College planning.
- Support the delivery of highly-effective campus MIS and Administration services, including systems, process, student records, data entry, registry, timetabling and resourcing functions
- Support the curriculum school managers (Heads, Deputies, Programme Managers etc.) and other academic staff with the facilitation and delivery of effective MIS and Administrative services at the colleges.
- Ensure all data queries and regular data accuracy checks are processed within the timescales set and that corrections are compliant with funding rules and GDPR regulations.
- Ensure regular accuracy audits/checks and data standards for all data held and ensuring it adherence to GDPR guidelines.
- Keep-up-to-date with funding/performance methodologies to ensure compliance, funding maximisation and improvement and provide advice to curriculum managers and staff.
- Work collaboratively with the Administration Leader to coordinate the work of the department and to ensure a highly effective, customer-focused service is delivered at all times
- Support and process student enrolments within the departments and work with central MIS and marketing teams throughout the main enrolment period.
- Liaise with Students and external stakeholders to collate the information you require
- Collate, monitor and summarise data to identify patterns / trends
- Must be IT literate and comfortable using different systems/databases
- Previous work experience in an MIS/data/administrative role
- Able to prioritise own workload and meet the deadlines set
- An ability to work flexibly across a number of tasks.
- Must have an eye for detail and accuracy as this role involves data inputting in different systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as you will be liaising with internal & external stakeholders
A training plan will be in place for the successful candidate to ensure they have all the skills and knowledge they require in this role.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
By joining Leeds Sixth Form College you join a community dedicated to improving the lives of young people through education. Whether you’re inspiring the next generation with your enthusiastic teaching or supporting the work of those who do, you know you will be making a positive impact every day.
Choosing to work for Leeds Sixth Form College means that you will be part of a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Leeds Sixth Form College.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.