Teacher - Business (LUM120/342)
About the Role
Harrogate College is proud to offer an employer-led curriculum and is committed to providing all learners with the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to meet the growing needs of industry. Learners are encouraged to have fun, to be kind and to believe in their own unique abilities and talents and to be proud of the progress they make.
Those who work at Harrogate are always keen to share and celebrate the successes of their learners and do so between departments based at Harrogate and across the wider Luminate Education Group.
Harrogate College is looking for an Business Teacher to join our team!
What You Will Do
- You will join the team in teaching the business curriculum at the college ensuring that all learners are fully supported to achieve their potential and progress onto further study or employment.
- The role involves all aspects of teaching, such as preparation of resources, delivery, marking and assessing.
- We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate the necessary enthusiasm and skill to communicate at all levels of the college.
- Knowledge and experience in business is essential.
- A commitment to work hard with a keen sense of organisation are important skills as is the ability to have fun and enjoy working alongside the fantastic staff and students we have at Harrogate College!
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes. Harrogate Campus also has free onsite parking for all staff.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Harrogate College has excellent facilities and provides a professional and friendly environment. We pride ourselves on working closely with employers, the local community and other stakeholders to provide curriculum and support that meets the needs of our students. We are working towards becoming a recognised centre of green excellence which is supported through our sustainability pledge to become a net zero college by 2035.
We have recently been awarded £16m of government funding to transform our campus. The energy-efficient new building will include a workshop unit that provides large scale facilities aligned to industry needs including advanced manufacturing, low carbon construction, retrofit, sustainable energy and bioeconomy, health science and hospitality. This will complement the college’s existing tech centre which is home to its motor vehicle, electrical, joinery and welding workshops.
Choosing to work for Harrogate College means that you will be part of a nurturing, inclusive and progressive learning environment. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Harrogate College.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.