Teacher of Digital Arts (Computer Games and eSports) (0.5) (LUM280/229)
About the Role
Leeds City College are looking for a Digital Arts Teacher to join our Creative Media and Digital Arts department. This role is part time 18.5 hours per week.
You will contribute to the delivery of our courses in Computer Games, Animation and/or Esports, at levels 1, 2 and 3. Our students learn skills across a wide range of disciplines, including but not limited to:
- Game engines,
- 3D modelling,
- Game art,
- 2D graphics,
- Game design
- 3D Animation
- Esports skills and strategies.
The ideal candidate will have skills in one or more of these areas.
Creative Media and Digital Arts is a department of more than 400 learners and 30 members of staff delivering Animation, Esports, Games Design and Development, Journalism, Media and TV&Film, at our state of the art Quarry Hill Campus. We deliver a varied curriculum of academic and technical skills to students mostly aged 16-19 at levels one, two and three, including T levels and Access to HE.
Our highly skilled team of specialist teachers and support staff takes pride in developing our students’ personal and employability skills to prepare them for their future life and work. We have a strong emphasis on working as a team, offering mutual support and flexibility while striving for the highest standards for our students. Our ultimate goal is to enable our learners to become independent, skilled individuals who excel in the industry specialisms they have chosen.
What You Will Do
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning delivery of the subject matter, creating lessons and teaching resources in line with the objectives of the curriculum.
- Teaching the principles and practical skills to help our students along the path to a career in the Games industry.
- Tracking individual student progress: assessing work and feeding back in a way which helps learners to develop their abilities and understanding.
- Working as part of a team to create a nurturing, positive environment for the students.
- Relevant up to date knowledge of your subject specialism.
- Qualified to degree level in Computer Games, Animation or a related discipline.
- Hold, or be working towards a recognised teaching qualification.
- You will be able to apply restorative practice to your communications with students and colleagues and be a proactive, flexible and supportive member of the team.
- You will also have experience of processes ensuring that courses are delivered within the guidelines of the college-wide quality assurance policies and contribute enthusiastically to the overall success of the department and campus.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.