Course Leader - Travel, Tourism and Aviation (Fixed Term) (LUM455/292)
About the Role
The School of Travel, Food and Drink based at the historic Printworks campus is looking for an enthusiastic Course leader for Travel, Tourism and Aviation. The post is a 1-year temporary contract to cover paternity leave.
Travel, Food and Drink offers a number of courses for all ages and abilities, ranging from Entry 3 to Level 3 extended programmes.
We are looking for an organised and experienced teacher/course leader to lead the travel, tourism and aviation courses. They should have industry experience and be able to demonstrate skills in course management and meeting learner needs, monitoring attendance to ensure successful outcomes.
What You Will Do
- You will be responsible for retention, achievement, progress/value added, attendance and positive progression rates for an identified course or courses.
- Maintain high quality and effective delivery across the course team.
- Develop new modules, units and course.
- Responsible for developing new units, modules and courses in line with government policy, awarding organisation developments and student demand as well as local community, economic and employer requirements.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources and assessment plans and ensure these are in place for all the course(s) teaching activity.
- You will hold a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE) alongside avocational qualifications in the subject are
- English and Maths at Level 2 or above and a willingness to improve in one or both disciplines to level 3 or above
- You will have relevant up to date subject knowledge and recent delivery in the Further Education or school sector.
- Relevant experience, knowledge and skills to enable delivery of a range of levels across the curriculum, which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.