Leisure Centre Manager
We have a great opportunity based at our Trinity Arts and Leisure campus for a Leisure Centre Manager to become a key member of our Bedford College Services department.
As a Leisure Centre Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Being responsible for the effective and safe operation of the Centre, including ‘wetside’ (swimming pool) and ‘dryside’ (sports hall, theatre, conference rooms, dance studio and gym) facilities and activities to current health, hygiene and statutory standards.
- Having lead responsibility for the development of the Centre and its products and services.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working effectively in a customer focussed environment and of exceeding customer expectations and recent experience of successfully developing profitable products and services based on research, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 qualification in Sports, Leisure management or similar specialism.
- 3 years of experience of managing a leisure facility, including swimming pool and operating a swimming scheme
- Knowledge of Front of House systems
- A recognised First Aid qualification
- Trainer assessor for NPLQ
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- PPO qualification
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Candidates who are barred from working with children are reminded it is a criminal offence to apply for this post.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Services
- 40 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 25 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
Attachments: JDPS Centre Manager May 2023.docx
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- £30,000 per annum
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Manager, Facilities Support
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Full Time