Independent Learning Lead - Beeston/Enfield Campus (LUM216/302)
About the Role
We are the Independent Learning(ilearn) team for Leeds City College, and we are here to support students to develop their independent learning skills and achieve personal goals.
We are looking for people to join our team, taking on the vital role of an ilearn Lead. The team requires people to lead the implementation and delivery of independent skills development at our Beeston/Enfield Campuses. This post sits within our independent learning student leadership team, ensuring that our Beeston/Enfield Campus teams are supported and line-managed to the highest standard.
We are looking for people who want the opportunity to innovate and lead the development of independent study skills, promoting and delivering to different cohorts of students on-site as required. Successful candidates will be able to ensure the service we provide, supporting students and staff, runs smoothly. We will also provide you with the opportunity to develop your leadership and management skills.
This is a challenging and rewarding role, and it is a great way to start your career as a leader/manager in Further Education.
What You Will Do
- Act as a standard bearer and advocate for the benefits and impacts of skills development using your experiences and views to drive our internal skills development strategy.
- Be responsible for liaising with curriculum staff to ensure that the skills and opportunities we offer their students meet their needs.
- Innovate in your team's approach to delivery and skills development taking the opportunity to utilise a blended approach where needed.
- Lead, line manage and support the Beeston/Enfield Campus ilearn teams to ensure they have the tools and skills to deliver on their curriculums skills development requirements.
- Manage a resource budget for the site working with teaching staff to make sure students have the study resources they need.
- Have the experience and ability to communicate clearly with curriculum teams, external stakeholders and staff in an engaging manner.
- Be prepared to take risks, try new approaches to solve problems and realise opportunities when they present themselves.
- Have some experience in line management and leadership + management in general. Particularly in relation to supporting your team to develop.
- Experience and desire to self-develop displaying a can-do approach to your own continuous professional development.
- Experience in managing finances or budgets ensuring value for money and impact of investment.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.