Capital Projects Manager (LUM540/305)
About the Role
We will be reviewing and interviewing candidates as and when we receive applications, therefore please apply as soon as possible as this vacancy may close before the end date advertised.
This is an exciting time to join us as our area covers Estates and Capital Projects which includes Health, Safety and Environment team, the Campus Facilities team, Property and Maintenance team and Capital Projects team. Between us all we service the estates across the whole of the Luminate Group. As well as undergoing a significant change to enable future growth, we are embarking in a growth programme to create a number of new campuses over the next five years which will help us to meet the needs of our students and sustainability.
This is an excellent opportunity to join us during a period of change and make a real difference in the lives of the students that study at our campuses.
What You Will Do
- Assist with the day-to-day management of capital projects within delegated levels of responsibility
- Liaison with user departments and external project teams to ensure projects meet the college’s needs and expectations
- Providing advice and guidance to college staff on the Group approach towards capital projects
- Monitor and report to the Design Managers on the design development process to ensure appropriate levels of space utilisation in accordance with the Group’s specific requirements
- Support all stakeholders throughout the project and ensure their requirements achieved in line with agreed objectives, Support lessons learned sessions following post project reviews and implement recommendations
- Provide regular written and verbal reports and updates on the current status of projects
- Must be educated to degree level with or working towards membership to one of the following professional bodies or comparable:
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB)
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)
- Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
- Experience of delivering complex projects within occupied buildings and maintaining functionality with minimal disruption
- Able to demonstrate extensive post qualification experience of construction technology, design & project management of a diverse range of construction projects, including new buildings, refurbishments, and complex projects incorporating building services modifications and installations.
- Experience of financial and budget management
- Ability to successfully manage multiple stakeholder relationships
- Understanding and applying the Disability Discrimination Act 2005 Part III and incorporating accessibility compliance works within the building projects
For more information please refer to the person specification within the job description.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.