Lead Apprenticeship Assessor Coach (LUM471/336)
About the Role
The School of Events, Enterprise and Employability offers a wide range of study programmes and apprenticeship opportunities to both 16-18 and 19+ learners who are looking to pursue a career in Events, Marketing, Project Management and Customer Service and Business Sustainability. Our Apprenticeship offer includes Level 3 Events, Marketing and Community Health and Wellbeing alongside Level 4 Marketing and Project Management. We are looking to not only expand the apprenticeship team but also to increase and diversify the apprenticeships we are running.
The team have an extensive range of skills, knowledge and experience from their specialist industry backgrounds which is invaluable to the teaching, learning and assessment process.
What You Will Do
- To plan, co-ordinate, assess and review the learning activities associated with learners in the workplace, and lead and supervise a team of assessors.
- To raise the profile of the Events, Enterprise and Employability Department in the local and regional community and develop links with local employers.
- Contribute to and support the sustained growth of all work based learning programmes. This will include traineeships, apprenticeships, and any other work based learning and full cost provision.
- Level 5 qualification or equivalent in vocational area.
- Minimum Level 2 in Maths and English (GCSE Grade C or above, GCSE Grade 4 or above or equivalent).
- Hold Assessor and Verification Awards TAQA.
- Experience of teaching, training peers or transferring skills to others.
- Desirable: To have an IQA qualification.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.