Programme Tutor - Transitions & Functional Skills
This is a maternity cover contract for the academic year
As a Programme Tutor you will play a key role in shaping the direction of our students and College. You will be responsible for a caseload of 16-24-year-old Foundation Students, inspiring them to learn and achieve their goals through the delivery of an innovative and engaging curriculum which includes entry level English and maths. You will be joining a highly experienced faculty team that are passionate about their students, their achievements and their future. You will be involved in facilitating smooth transitions between academic levels and helping students navigate the challenges of transitioning to college or career. This is an excellent opportunity to have real impact in a College, which is moving at pace with strong support from its Senior Leadership team.
In this role, you will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and show a flexible and professional attitude.
- Facilitate learning experiences which provide students with the opportunity to achieve their full individual potential
- Design and deliver a flexible and relevant range of provision including theory, practical and tutorial sessions
- Be a great teacher and role model in delivering innovative and stimulating teaching, learning and assessment to enable your students to progress
- Be bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards
- Drive Oldham College’s vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
You must have a minimum GCSE grade 4*-C in English and maths, ideally be educated to degree level or above, have a teaching qualification and extensive experience of working with challenging young people from a range of backgrounds. Our Skills & Employability Faculty is highly inclusive and provides life changing opportunities for its students, you will need to demonstrate a strong track record of working in this type of environment. Experience of working in the FE sector is desirable.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work”. We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable laws, a pre-employment screening could include, employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.