Lecturer - Equine Studies
We are looking for a Lecturer in Equine Studies to join our growing curriculum area. This popular course provision combines a first class learning experience using our extensive practical facilities on the College estate with the expert knowledge of our staff team.
Our equestrian students make use of a range of fantastic practical resources as an important part of their course. These include a 60m x 40m indoor riding arena with spectator seating and judges area, stabling for up to 60 horses and two outdoor riding arenas. Equestrian students also have the opportunity to join the Dressage Academy or Show Jumping Academy.
As a Lecturer Equine Studies you will:
- Teach and train students and other client groups
- Tutor and manage one or more courses or groups of students
- Develop Equine courses
- Teach other animal courses if required
Further requirements of the role would include participation in internal moderation, auditing and other quality monitoring processes to ensure learners, customers and clients receive exemplary service.
The successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, abilities and qualities will include:
- BHS Stage 3 horsemanship or equivalent coaching qualification
- Previous experience of practical groom/competition care and previous coaching experience
- A broad range of knowledge and practical experience in the Equine sector
- An excellent knowledge base in Equine Health, Fitness, Yard Management
- Experience working with young people of varying abilities to develop their confidence
- Degree level qualified in this field or relevant industry experience
The successful candidate must hold or be willing to work towards and achieve a Diploma in Teaching and Learning (Certificate in Education) or equivalent and have a minimum of grade C in GCSE Maths and English Language (or equivalent).
CLOSING DATE: 15 June 2023 at 5:00pm.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.