Sessional Lecturer - Civil Engineering
We are proud to represent MKC Training, recruiting for Sessional Lecturers in Civil Engineering.
Work will be on a zero hour contract, adhoc basis, 4-5 hours per week (this varies dependent on projects) which may include lecturing as well as working on various education projects based around civil engineering. From £29 per hour. Hybrid working options.
MKC Training has a deep subject specialism and knowledge across construction, engineering and associated professional skills, which it delivers to students based at the Royal School of Military Engineering (RSME) in Chatham. This role will provide the enviable opportunity to join a 30-year partnership, collaborating with industry and military partners and will provide opportunity to further develop a world class training service.
The Sessional Lecturers in Civil Engineering will provide subject expertise within a small multidisciplinary teaching team to enhance current teaching delivery, reflecting current civil engineering practices. Teaching delivery and assessment will cover modules on both the Undergraduate course (BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering) and the Postgraduate course (MSc Military Construction Engineering (Civil)).
Teaching topics will include Civil Engineering fundamentals on both courses, with the following areas being covered on the MSc course:
- Foundation Design
- Structural Analysis
- Soil Mechanics
- Applied Structures
- Concrete Design
- Steel Design
- Roads, Drainage and Survey
Sessional Lecturer Civil Engineering candidate requirements:
- Post Graduate qualification (or working towards) in Civil Engineering
- Teaching qualification (not essential for educational project work).
- Chartered Engineer or working towards professional registration.
- Demonstrable involvement in Civil Engineering at Senior Engineer or management level
- Membership of a recognised Higher Education teaching body
- Playing or have played an active role in any Professional Engineering Institution as a volunteer or committee member
- Have previously worked within Defence to deliver engineering excellence
Note: All post holders will be expected to complete and pass the following courses if they have not previously attended these courses:
- Attend and pass an Army Staff Leadership School (ASLS) course.
- Attend and pass a Defence Instructional Techniques course.
Essential experience and Knowledge.
- Experience in teaching the relevant subject area or have demonstrated that they have the strong potential to be able to teach their subject during interview.
- Ability to motivate and encourage students.
- External / trade experience relevant to the subject area.
- Knowledge & experience of e-learning and e-assessment tools, or the willingness to engage with and develop these forms of learning.
- Knowledge & experience of quality assurance & improvement.
- Knowledge of relevant safeguarding legislation.
MKC Training are passionate about the success they deliver to their learners, their core values are:
- Commitment to learner success
- Investment in People
- Collaboration through partnership to achieve shared goals
- Innovation to prepare for tomorrow
MKC Training is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.
We recognise the talent that the ex-armed forces community offer and guarantee an interview to personnel who meet the selection criteria as advertised.
All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training follows the DBS Code of Practice.
Note to Recruitment Agencies – this recruitment project is under a managed service contract – direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.
Please apply via CV and covering letter to Tim Hill at email@example.com