Curriculum Manager – Civil Engineering
MKC Training offers a unique opportunity for an Curriculum Manager in Civil Engineering at a prestigious training facility in Chatham.
MKC Training is an expert in design, delivery of innovative teaching, learning, assessment and training for defence, construction and engineering sectors. Supporting employers, training providers and awarding organisations to provide a stimulating environment to help individuals and organisations achieve their goals. They have a long and very successful partnership contract based at the Royal School of Military Engineering, Brompton Barracks.
MKC Training provides an important training capability to the army and the UK that has allowed them to:
- Design and build Camp Bastion Afghanistan from a desert, to a 26km2 base to accommodate 28,000 personnel as well as a significant airport
- Design and build the Nightingale hospitals to provide resilience to NHS during COVID pandemic. London Nightingale was built, to accommodate 4,000 beds within 10 days
- Provide resilience for the UK by working with the Environmental Agency in reaction to national flooding events
About the role:
In addition to teaching delivery to MSc Level, the Civil Engineering Curriculum Manager will provide strategic and operational management of the department, supporting and assisting the Divisional Manager through:
- Coordination and management of designated teaching staff on Postgraduate and Undergraduate programme deliveries.
- Assisting development, maintenance, and improvement of applicable courses / programmes and projects within department.
- Ensuring highest standards of quality and efficiency in Postgraduate (MSc Military Construction Engineering (Civil)) and Undergraduate (BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering) programmes.
- Ensuring curriculum area is resourced, within budgetary limits, and meets or exceeds target pass rates and high satisfactory survey results for students and military officers overseeing work at MKC Training Services.
Curriculum Manager essentials:
- At least an MSc (or equivalent professional practice) in a relevant subject.
- Level 7 teaching qualification.
- Fellow (or above) of Advance HE (or equivalent) (or willing to apply in agreed timescale).
Essential experience knowledge.
- Record of achievement across higher education teaching, research and/or professional practice in relevant subject area.
- Experience of leading education or subject level projects and initiatives in a higher education setting, such as development and improvement of programmes, curriculum, and services.
- Experience of working in a team and managing a team, with an understanding of the need to be flexible and adaptable, and ability to respond swiftly to opportunities in partnership with colleagues to achieve common goals.
- Ability to work with military chain of command to manage and support the development of their Military ethos.
- Ability to motivate and encourage students from diverse backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance/ enhancement and academic standards.
- Knowledge & experience of e-learning and e-assessment tools.
- Knowledge of relevant safeguarding legislation & requirements or acquire this knowledge promptly in post.
MKC Training is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.
Their core values are;
- Commitment to learner success
- Investment in People
- Collaboration through partnership to achieve shared goals
- Innovation to prepare for tomorrow
Armed Forces Covenant - We will offer guaranteed interviews to military veterans, young and old, if they meet the selection criteria.
Benefits include: 6 weeks holidays (plus bank hols), pension, healthcare, on-site gym / sports equipment, sick pay, cycle to work and CPD.
All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training follows the DBS Code of Practice.
Please apply via CV and covering letter to Tim Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org