Director of IT
The successful candidate will provide leadership, direction, and management of the IT Services within NWSLC, so that the College and the schools within the Midland Academies Trust are effectively supported in their delivery of short and longer-term educational ambitions.
They will support the IT Strategic Group in its implementation of both the College/School’s educationally led IT Vision, IT Strategic Plans and Technical Strategy.
The successful candidate will lead the management of all IT resources and contracts, ensuring optimization and co-ordinate all IT activities to ensure the availability of systems, services and data to all stakeholders.
The MAT will be transferring to a new sponsor during the Autumn 2023 so the new post holder will be heavily involved in the transfer to this new provider.
What skills are we looking for:
- Experience in leading and managing a team through effective organisation and continued professional development, particularly within an ITIL context.
- Highly developed knowledge and understanding of Information Technology, Information Security (Cyber) Programme, Project Management and Information systems.
- Experience in managing IT procurements including technical specification, tendering and evaluation for contracts. Experience of partnership working with IT providers to deliver complex solutions.
- Ability to work flexibly to support major IT issues or upgrades, which are not possible to perform during normal working hours.
- Relevant Degree/level 7 or same level qualification including relevant experience
Responsibilities for the role:
- Developing the Group’s IT vision and strategy in conjunction with the IT strategic Group and translating it into actionable goals.
- Provide leadership, direction and management to the IT Team.
- Accountable for the smooth delivery and operation of IT services and proactive monitoring of systems performance
- Identifying future opportunities and challenges in the IT landscape and developing mitigation strategies where appropriate.
- Directing the sourcing and implementation of new software, hardware and licenses in accordance with College Policy and fiscal responsibility
- To manage projects and programmes and oversee associated activities
- Liaising regularly with the Executive Team and the Senior Management Team, as well as other stakeholders as needed.
The Location: The site is based at our Nuneaton Campus, however, Travel to our other campus’s will be required. .
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay range we’re offering is £50,430 - £60,195
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension
- We offer great staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are integral to everything that we do. We are committed to these values, and they are central to our mission. We’re committed to finding reasonable adjustments* for candidates with specific needs or have a disability during our recruitment process, and all applicants will be considered fairly and equally. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. *If you’d like to request a reasonable adjustment, please contact the recruiting manager.
We aim to support our employees in achieving a healthy work-life balance. We recognise that many of our employees have responsibilities and are committed to providing support for our employees. We are working hard to support flexible and new ways of working where possible and offer a wide range of benefits.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references’.
'Please apply as soon as you can as we reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a suitable number of applications.'
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.