Access to HE Lecturer
Are you enthusiastic about motivating and inspiring students to fulfil their potential?
Oaklands College is situated in picturesque grounds in the heart of St Albans and also in Welwyn Garden City. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, high calibre Lecturer to teach Access to HE at Welwyn Garden city campus.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic lecturer who is dedicated to ensuring our students succeed. You will be part of a successful, supportive team with a good record of achievement where you have the opportunity to make a real difference to the future of our students, enabling them to progress on to higher education or employment.
In addition, you will be involved in the recruitment and induction of students to learning programmes. You will be required to assist in the development, design, review and evaluation of the Access to HE curriculum and associated learning materials. You may also be required to take on personal tutor duties as part of this role.
To be considered for this role, candidates need to hold knowledge/experience in the Nursing and healthcare/ Medicine & medical science /Pharmacy and pharmaceutical and a recognised Level 3 teaching qualification, although we welcome applications from graduates who are keen to pursue a teaching career.
Oaklands offer a structured induction programme for those new to teaching. You will be paired with an experienced mentor and start on a reduced teaching timetable, gradually increasing as your experience and skills strengthen. You will gain broad experience in a teaching environment from enrolment, SAR process to results day. You will also have the opportunity to experience a variety of departments at the College. In addition to this, we will offer you in depth coaching and the opportunity to achieve a recognised teaching qualification.
Closing Date: 16th June 2023
Interview date: TBC
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Salary
- Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
- Generous annual leave – 42 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Free onsite parking.
- Subsidised onsite restaurant.
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
- THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs as form of an application, when applying for a position please ensure you complete all the required fields on the application form attached and email to firstname.lastname@example.org