Professional Learning Mentor Youth Worker Degree Apprenticeship
Are you driven by supporting others to achieve their career and education goals? In Captiva, we’re obsessed by it.
- Min. £35k starting salary
- 25 - 30 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working in a hybrid role
- London headquarters
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Successful and growing provider
Captiva Learning is a rising star provider of apprenticeships (RoATP) with a recent Ofsted inspection that is Good in all areas.
As a Leadership Coach you will support a group of leadership learners to meet assessment standards throughout their professional learning journey with Captiva.
- Deliver the highest quality Apprenticeship Standards in Youth Work on the Youth Worker Degree Apprenticeship to learners in the workplace.
- Deliver teaching and learning and develop the necessary schemes of work and lesson plans to ensure learners have the relevant skills, knowledge and behaviours to meet the requirements of the standard.
- Carry out assessment activities that inspire and challenge all learners, meet their different needs and allow them to develop their skills, knowledge and behaviours.
- Identify any additional support and learning needs quickly to help learners achieve as well as they can.
- Carry out robust and in-depth progress reviews with learners and line managers, at least every twelve weeks, including feedback from employers and apprentices and set challenging and appropriate targets to ensure apprentices meet their learning goals, within deadlines.
- Provide careers information, advice and guidance to allow apprentices to understand the progression routes available to them and take appropriate steps in their career.
- To provide apprentices with support in the development of their English, maths and ICT skills.
- Attend regular standardisation meetings to share best practice, ensure the validity of assessment decisions and that their practices are up to date.
- Attend regular Progress Review Boards to provide updates on apprentice progress and ensure action plans are in place where learners have fallen behind, in line with at risk processes of NCE
- Support apprentices to successfully pass through the Apprenticeship gateway and end point assessment processes.
- Responsibility for ensuring that the ePortfolio for each apprentice is kept up to date, feedback is assessed in a timely manner and Off the Job learning is logged in line with the requirements of the relevant funding rules.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- A passion and keen interest in Youth Work education
- JNC qualified in Youth Work
- Ideally at least two years’ experience in a supporting learners context
- Ideally at least two years commercial experience within any sector
- CAVA or similar assessor qualification (e.g. PTLLS, A1, AET)
- Good experience in supporting learners with written and verbal developmental feedback and a strong ability to differentiate and personalise schemes of work
- Relevant coaching qualifications or membership (e.g. ILM, EMCC UK, ICF) are beneficial
- Relevant safeguarding or SEN qualifications and experience are beneficial
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A passionate commitment to the provision of a high-quality learning experience
- High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency, and rigorous attention to detail
- Strong time management, organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting competing deadlines
- Solution focused and objective in approach
If you would like to be part of the Captiva Team, please send your CV with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org