Head of Youth Work Degree Apprenticeship
Captiva Learning is seeking a committed and experienced individual to join us as the Head of Youth Work Degree Apprenticeship. You’ll be responsible for leading and delivering our BA Youth Work Degree Apprenticeship programme.
- £40,000 - 45,000
- Full time, Permanent position
- Stratford, London (hybrid working including location visits)
- Reporting to: Chief Learning Officer
- JNC Qualified - essential
- Responsible for: Team members within the programme areas as directed by the CLO and PVC
- Matrix Management: Working closely with Learning & Teaching Council; Associate Professor of Youth Work and Professional Learning Coaches
- A higher degree in Youth Work
- JNC Qualified
- Proven track record in successful leadership at programme level, delivered by effective team working and engagement with students
- Commitment to Youth Work
As the Head of Youth Work Degree Apprenticeship, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring high student achievement and satisfaction. You will work closely with the Chief Learning Officer and Associate Professor of Youth Work, as well as manage a team of dedicated professionals.
- To manage and play an active role in the leadership of the programme area, working with the CLO and Ass Prof Youth Work and team to realise the objectives established in Captiva Learning. To contribute towards the leadership of the organisation.
- To lead the development of the programme(s) by monitoring and actively enhancing academic standards, taking account of sector trends, stakeholder perspectives, NSS results, the criteria established through the Occupational Standards and the Apprenticeship standards.
- To monitor and actively enhance the quality of academic performance of the programme. To lead on QA activities, including validations and periodic reviews. To chair examination & programme committees and liaise with external examiners.
- Where appropriate, to lead activity in relation to accreditations with professional bodies, and preparations for external quality inspections and reviews.
- To lead the development and implementation of pedagogic best practice within the department’s programmes to cultivate a commitment to excellence in all aspects of teaching, learning and assessment. To facilitate the achievement of consistently high academic standards. To be responsible for a high-quality student experience as evaluated against a range of internal and external benchmarks, via attendance at the Learning & Teaching Council
- To actively engage in recruitment and conversion activities, including Open Days.
- Plan, manage and monitor the use of the human, financial and physical resources that are allocated to the programme.
- Working closely with the CLO to manage the work of the Professional Learning Coaches and academic staff who deliver the programme(s), including: the allocation & monitoring of teaching workloads, staff development, conduct, PDRs and performance.
- To foster an environment within the programme which promotes excellent research, scholarship and knowledge transfer among all colleagues and which maximizes the links between research/knowledge transfer activities and the teaching content of all programmes.
- To actively contribute to programme analysis and strategic planning for the programme area, taking account of the wider context of the Youth Work and apprenticeship contexts.
- To ensure that the Captiva Strategy for Enhancing the Student Experience and associated strategies are fully reflected in the delivery and content of all programmes.
- To foster student engagement.
If you have a strong background in Youth Work, and the ability to lead and inspire teams, we invite you to apply for this opportunity. Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org