Programme Tutor - Access to HE in Health & Social Care
This is a part time role 0.8 / 28 hours per week.
Due to expansion, we are looking for a highly motivated individual with previous experience working within FE, to deliver high quality teaching and learning on our science and health programmes for the Access to HE Diploma
In this role, you will:
- Deliver innovative and stimulating teaching, learning and assessment to enable your students to achieve high grades.
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Design and deliver a flexible and relevant range of provision including theory, practical and blended learning sessions.
- Be an outstanding teacher and role model
- Teach to a high standard and demonstrate the relevant skills to teach truly outstanding practical and theory lessons and innovative on-line resources
- Contribute to students achieving high grades
- Be the progress tutor providing pastoral support.
- Work with colleagues to create provision that excites and stimulates demand
- Be able to deliver to current industry standards, relating this to working methods and practices found in your industry today.
- Nurture a culture of professional development that is integrated seamlessly in everyday practice.
- Drive Oldham Colleges vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work”. We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
If your application is successful, your personal data maybe used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable laws, a pre-employment screening could include, employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the role.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.