Lecturer in Acting (Focus on Stage and Screen)
0.5 FTE (17.5 hours per week)
In September 2021 we moved to our brand-new building in the centre of Middlesbrough. We are looking for a committed lecturer with a strong knowledge of contemporary Acting and experience within industry. The post-holder will assist the Cluster Leader in the delivery of courses, ensuring a high quality of teaching and learning for students and effective student achievement and progression.
We are committed to providing students with current industry skills and would like to recruit experienced teachers/lecturers or interested professionals directly from industry.
The School already has successful BA (Hons) and MA Acting programmes and in turn would like to develop a successful programme of study for FE learners. The successful candidate will play a significant role in planning and implementing an acting course to enable our learners to successfully progress into destinations of their choice. The campus at Newport Road has a purposefully design sprung floor facility which neighbours onto the Film and TV studio spaces. The successful candidate will work with such facilities to develop a successful programme that focuses on Acting for stage and screen formats.
What will you get if you join us?
- • The opportunity to work in an OFSTED Outstanding award-winning institution with creative people in a creative environment, where the exchange of ideas is integrated into the work ethic;
- The knowledge that you have a positive impact on the development of students and the choices they make in life;
- Support and guidance in making any difficult decisions to achieve the targets you have been set;
- Work for an institution that supports work life balance, and cares for the wellbeing of staff;
- Access to personal skills development to help you achieve your targets and your longer-term career goals
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension scheme (with significant employer contributions); and
- Free car parking and access to other staff benefits.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms: 11th June 2023
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE TUESDAY 20TH JUNE 2023
To download the application pack please click the 'Apply' button.
All completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com