Apprentice IT Support Technician
Fixed term contract for up to 2 years, with a view to progression on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Year 1 up to £20,103 per annum (age dependent).
Year 2 £20,374 per annum.
Based at Wakefield College or Selby College.
This is a fantastic IT apprenticeship opportunity in a growth skills area, for someone who is organised, has a strong sense of responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail and would like to make IT their chosen career path.
As a member of the dedicated and professional IT Services team, you will follow a development programme which will give you a broad range of experience over the period of your apprenticeship. You will work as part of a team who provide first and second line IT support to users throughout the College Group, resolving technical problems to ensure a high standard of performance of IT facilities within the Group.
As an Apprentice IT Support Technician, you will:
- Respond to requests for assistance and technical support.
- Provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support tickets.
- Deploy computers and associated peripherals including new installations.
- Connecting wired and wireless devices to the college network.
As an Apprentice IT Support Technician, you should have:
- GCSE grade A* - C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or Level 2 equivalent
- A willingness to undertake the Level 3 IT Support Technician apprenticeship/qualification*
*To be able to undertake this apprenticeship you must not already hold a Level 3 or higher IT qualification, as this will be undertaken as part of the apprenticeship.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- You will get to learn whilst you earn
- You will gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + up to 5 additional College Group closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts
- Sociable, feel good days and celebration events
For further details about this apprenticeship opportunity, please refer to the job description and person specification.
Interviews: To be held w/c 26th July 2023
Please be aware that this vacancy may close earlier dependent on the level of applications received so if you do wish to be considered we recommend that you complete the application as promptly as possible.
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.