Security Team Manager (Concierge)
Brighton College is seeking to appoint a Security Team Manager (Concierge), on a full-time, permanent basis.
This is a senior position within Brighton College and as such we are seeking an enthusiastic, kind, and proactive team member with a proven record in security management and front of house customer service. The Security Team Manager (Concierge) will support the Head of Health, Safety and Security with the strategic and operational delivery and management of an efficient, effective and customer-focused five star front of house concierge security service, whilst also ensuring a safe and secure environment in which the College community of pupils, staff and guests live, work and play.
The role is key in delivering a culture of continuous improvement, and through high standards of service, enhance pupil and staff experience at Brighton College which protects the reputation for excellence. Our security team are often the first point of contact for our guests, pupils, parents and staff and leave a lasting impression. This role will help us go beyond five stars service in everything that we do.
- Line management of the security supervisory team across all sites in Brighton.
- In the absence of the Head of Health, Safety and Security assume responsibility for the day-to-day management of security, providing advice, guidance and direction as required and only in extra ordinary circumstances refer to the Head of Health, Safety and Security.
- Attend any internal/external meetings as required.
- Oversee the effective operation of the security lodge and CCTV, together with compliance with relevant legislative requirements and standard operating procedures.
- Work with the Operations Bursar to continually go beyond our five stars service offering for our pupils, staff and guests via training and support for team members.
- Actively contribute towards the development and implementation of new and existing procedures and guidance and support the Head of Health, Safety and Security to develop longer term strategies, taking into account changing technology.
- Oversee with the help of the supervisors the effective management of the security teams shift rota, overtime allocation, and claims ensuring these are managed in a fair, justifiable manner with a focus on the needs of the College.
- Carry out appraisals with security staff.
- Act as Health and Safety Rep for the Security Service and ensure that staff are briefed on health and safety and compliance, security risk assessments are maintained, updated or created where required and that incidents and accidents are reported appropriately.
- Assist the Head of Health, Safety and Security in the development and implementation of a fit for purpose staff development plan which achieves the delivery of the operational and strategic aims and supports a professional and collaborative culture.
- Ensure the effective and consistent delivery of service standards across all sites.
- Assist the Head of Health, Safety and Security when dealing with complaints, incidents where escalation or senior manager input is required.
- Deliver security related training and information sessions to the wider College community.
- Monitor any emerging trends or issues within the College and ensure that any adjustments to protective patrols or operational activities are implemented to address these, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Liaise with external contractors and manage access and ID badging.
- Assist the Head of Health, Safety and Security to develop security audits and development plans. Incorporating CCTV, access control exit routes and other protective systems that are either in place or require further development.
- Assist the Head of Health, Safety and Security act as a member of the ALERT team and respond to emergencies on site (e.g. lockdown).
- Co-ordinate the team’s response to fire alarm activations, respond appropriately and produce written records for the Head of Health, Safety and Security.
- Carry out termly fire drill and lockdown drill and compile reports.
- Contribute to successful events and open days.
- Be visible, walking the floor with care and attention, maintaining an approachable, friendly and kind relationship with team members, whilst retaining a senior one step removed aptitude to address any team performance issues which may arise fairly.
- Where required undertake investigations into disciplinary matters or potentially criminal matters, reporting to HR and or the relevant senior manager.
- Ensure we remain compliant with GDPR regulations.
- Comply with and assist in the compliance of all policies at the College, including Health and Safety policies, and any specific requirements related to the safe and efficient discharge of the post.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties which may be required by the Operations Bursar or the Head of Health, Safety & Security from time-to-time.
- Be part of day on-call rota.
Hours of work:
- This is a full-time post.
- The role-holder will be expected to work 8 hour shifts anytime between 6am–11pm and will follow a shift pattern.
- Additionally, the role-holder will be required to take a turn at working two weekends per month for which time off in lieu will be provided.
- Flexibility will be required to accommodate VIP visits, open days and high-profile events.
- 20 days, in addition to bank holidays, rising to 25 days after 2 years' service.
- This role will involve daily contact with pupils, and you will be engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
- All staff and volunteers have a responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
- Significantly subsidised gym membership for the School of Science and Sport is available, which includes access to yoga and Pilates classes and use of the gym and swimming pool (for eligible staff).
- Healthy heart checks.
- Meditation sessions.
- Access to books, magazines and DVDs from the College Library.
- Complimentary lunch is provided.
- Free tickets to the College’s music, dance and drama performances.
- Job-specific Learning and Development programme available to all employees.
- Life Cover is provided whilst working at Brighton College after successfully passing probation period (for eligible staff).
- Brighton College provides a contributory pension scheme, which all eligible employees will be automatically enrolled into within three months of commencement of employment.
- Perkbox: Employee* benefit and rewards platform which provides access to a wide range of discounts, employee benefits and wellbeing resources. *Eligible staff are those who are exclusively employed at Brighton College and on a permanent, contracted hours basis.
For full details of the role, please see the Job Profile Document below.
CLOSING DATE: 12PM ON 12 JUNE 2023.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.