Programme Manager - Professional Courses (LUM391/210)
About the Role
We are a growing and dynamic team who are recruiting for a highly motivated and ambitious Programme Manager who can manage our successful professional courses including Accountancy (AAT), Human Resource Management (CIPD) and Leadership & Management (CMI). This is a great opportunity for someone who has a background in industry or education and would like to move into a management role. We would be interested in speaking to anyone who is keen to progress their career and work with us to grow our provision in line with the professional skills development requirements for the West Yorkshire economic region.
What You Will Do
- Manage activities and strategies to ensure the high retention, achievement, success and attendance rates for identified courses are reached.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Manage the planning, preparation and development of schemes of work, teaching and learning resources and assessment plans.
- Manage the process of creation of individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course to ensure groups of learners are on track to achieve their potential.
- Manage the recording of student progress and to ensure that individual and group learner targets are being met.
- Extensive experience, knowledge and skills to manage delivery of a range of levels across the curriculum, which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles.
- Experience of positively managing student and group progression, advice and guidance in a Adult Education setting, with positive outcomes
- Experience of supervising/managing staff to ensure high performance
- Experience of undertaking internal verification and moderation activities
- Proven commitment to continuous professional development
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.