Specialist Behaviour and Intervention Assistant (LUM298/298)
3 days left
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Actual salary commencing at £15,771 with progression to £16,650 per annum
- 26 May 2023
- 12 Jun 2023
- Subject Area
- Special Needs and Supported Learning
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
Full-time, Permanent working term time only (39 weeks)
We are looking for a Specialist Behavior and intervention Assistant to support our PMLD and Complex needs department.
The Vine is a department with over 50 Learners with Complex needs and behaviours that can challenge. We deliver a varied Curriculum to meet each of our learners' individual needs in line with their EHCP's. Our highly skilled team takes pride in developing our learners' personal and preparation for adulthood skills to prepare them for their future life. We have strong emphasis on working as a team, offering mutual support and flexibility while striving for the highest standards for our learners. Our ultimate goal is to enable our learners to become as independent as possible and lead a happy fulfilled life.
What You Will Do
- You will work with young adults aged 16-25 years who need extra support, or require an advanced programme of learning, in order to engage in education and reach their full educational potential. You will develop strategies and interventions to support learners who have behaviours which can be challenging
- To support individuals who have specific challenges around behaviours and those with physical disabilities, sensory impairments (i.e. hearing or visual), speech and language difficulties, learning difficulties, conditions such as autism, social, emotional and mental health needs, or have a combination of these difficulties.
- A key aspect of working in this field is identifying individual needs around behaviours and being responsible for creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment. Our ethos is around increasing communication to enable our students to have the right environment to engage.
- At the Vine, we constantly strive to create a calm environment that minimises the risk of incidents arising that might require tactile intervention. Prevention of challenging behaviour and the following primary prevention strategies should be implemented.
- You will have GCSE English and Mathematics at Level 2/Grade C or above and a willingness to improve in one or both disciplines to level 3 or above.
- A recognised professional qualification relevent to the role
- Previous experience of working with young people and adults with challenging behaviours and have complex need
- Able to work one to one with young people/adults
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have excellent behaviour management skills and experience in supporting SEND students
- Have team teach training (not essential but desirable)
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.