Teacher - Cookery (LUM455/323)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £27,829 to £30,405 Pro Rata per annum (actual commencing salary £16,697.40 per annum)
- 26 May 2023
- 11 Jun 2023
- Subject Area
- Catering, Hospitality and Food Technology
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Part Time
About the Role
The School of Travel, Food and Drink based at the historic Printworks campus is looking for an enthusiastic teacher\chef to deliver Professional Cookery at different levels. The post is for 0.6/3 days, approximately 22.2 hours.
Travel, Food and Drink offers a number of courses for all ages and abilities, ranging from Entry 3 to Level 3 extended programmes, including part time adult courses and apprenticeships
We are looking for an organised and experienced teacher/chef to plan and deliver inspirational lessons to our student chefs. They should have industry experience and be able to demonstrate skills of promoting active and inspirational teaching, learning and assessment in order to meet all learner needs, monitoring attendance to ensure successful outcomes.
What You Will Do
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Create individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course.
- Be responsible for recording student progress
- Maintain and update knowledge of the subject and / or vocational area
- Maintain and update knowledge of educational research to develop evidence- based practice
- Must have a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE)
- Relevant highest level vocational qualification or degree in teaching subject area
- Previous teaching delivery in relevant subject areas (PGCE teaching placements/experience would also qualify here) which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles.
- You will be self motivated and passionate about the learner journey in terms of planning and delivering differentiated and inspirational teaching, learning and assessment.
- You will incorporate your industry knowledge, skills and experience into your lessons to increase motivation and maintain engagement, attendance and retention.
- A willingness to support the existing team in terms of driving commercial income will also be an expectation of this role, alongside managing own assessment and taking an active part in the IQA and EQA quality process
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.