Safeguarding & Wellbeing Assistant
- Moulton College
- Moulton, Northampton
- £17,583.75 - £18,080.48 per annum (pro rata to £20,319.00 - £20,893.00 per annum)
- 24 May 2023
- 07 Jun 2023
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Are you committed to supporting the welfare of students and young people? Are you keen to support colleagues to provide a first line response to students requiring advice and support. If so, this could be the role for you!
This role is 37.5 hours per week over 40 weeks per year.
We are looking for someone to provide administrative support and contribute to a customer led service as part of a growing student welfare and wellbeing team.
Key elements of this role include;
- To provide a professional and efficient administration service for Student support team.
- To provide initial support to students with signposting to appropriate support across college and externally.
- To assist with administration for the Student Support team, including maintaining and tracking documentation and preparing relevant forms.
- To liaise with feeder schools to obtain safeguarding files at the start of academic year. Transfer relevant information to college safeguarding system My Concern with guidance from safeguarding coordinators.
- To maintain Student Support Moodle page and digital screens.
- To monitor KCSIE compliance and enrolment to the college safeguarding system for all new starters.
- To complete administrative tasks related to My Concern safeguarding system to include the collation and preparation of data.
- To offer support to students with low level wellbeing concerns in the first instance before referring to other appropriate internal and external support.
- To attend any appropriate wellbeing meetings for students.
The successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, abilities and qualities will include:
- Minimum of grade C in GCSE Maths and English Language (or equivalent)
- Experience of working as a member of a team
- Experience of collating data and presenting this in a user friendly format
- Commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Commitment to enhancing the experience through service excellence
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), works effectively within a team
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to use the range of Microsoft packages
- Ability to provide courteous and high standards of customer service
- Ability to work flexibly to meet changing needs
There are too many benefits to working at Moulton College to include them all. Aside from the location (Moulton is located in the heart of the Northamptonshire countryside covering over 450 hectares, with a further 170 hectares rented as grazing for our livestock), Moulton College boasts a dedicated, skilled and experienced staff team and an aspirational student body. As a valued employee at Moulton College you will have access to:
- 33 days annual leave, including public bank holidays and a maximum of 5 College closure days (pro rata for part-time)
- High Street Discounts scheme with access to discounts at a host of retailers
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme with an employer contribution of 23.7%)
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development of Moulton College employees
- Access to 24/7 Support Line for employees and close family household members
- A focused and committed Wellbeing group at the forefront of positive initiatives
- Healthcare cash plan (subject to conditions)
- On site gym
- Discounted nursery fees
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme (subject to conditions)
- Eye care vouchers
- Online Payslips
We help new employees settle in through central College induction events and local induction activities. We also provide a range of essential information through our online learning packages. These cover various topics including Equality, Safeguarding, Health & Safety at Work, to name but a few.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.