Lecturer – Animal Welfare & Management (Higher Education)
Moulton is a land-based College based in rural Northamptonshire, we offer impressive new facilities, on-site commercial enterprise and a range of FE and HE courses. We are looking for a Lecturer – Animal Welfare & Management (Higher Education) to ensure the Animal Welfare department continues to run at a high standard.
- The delivery of Animal Welfare courses while participating in curriculum development to meet the needs of changing industrial demand and College development.
- Tutoring and management of one or more courses or groups of students.
- Participation in demonstrations and practical activities with students.
Applicants must have a broad range of knowledge and industry experience working with a wide range of animals, including small mammals, exotics and large animals. Applicants should have an excellent knowledge base and hold a MSc or equivalent in Animal Science or a related subject.
You will hold a teaching and assessment qualification or be willing to work towards this. Previous experience of working with young people would be an advantage although not essential. You will have obtained a minimum of grade C or equivalent in GCSE English & Maths, and be able to demonstrate your commitment to ongoing CPD.
There are too many benefits to working at Moulton College to include them all. Aside from the location (Moulton is located in the heart of the Northamptonshire countryside covering over 450 hectares, with a further 170 hectares rented as grazing for our livestock), Moulton College boasts a dedicated, skilled and experienced staff team and an aspirational student body. As a valued employee at Moulton College you will have access to:
- 44 days annual leave, including 8 bank holidays
- A maximum of 5 College closure days (pro rata for part-time)
- High Street Discounts scheme with access to discounts at a host of retailers
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme with an employer contribution of 23.68%)
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development of Moulton College employees
- Access to 24/7 Support Line for employees and close family household members
- A focused and committed Wellbeing group at the forefront of positive initiative
- Healthcare cash plan (subject to conditions)
- On site gym
- Discounted nursery fees
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme (subject to conditions)
- Eye care vouchers
- Online Payslips
We help new employees settle in through central College induction events and local induction activities. We also provide a range of essential information through our online learning packages. These cover various topics including Equality, Safeguarding, Health & Safety at Work, to name a few.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.