Lecturer in Biology
4 days left
- Heart of Yorkshire Education Group
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- £26,018 – £27,585 per annum (Unqualified) £30,136 – £33,911 per annum (Qualified)
- 24 May 2023
- 12 Jun 2023
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lecturer to join our A Level team who all share a real passion for science.
Our A Level curriculum area offers a range of courses from Level 1 to Level 5. We challenge all our students to realise their full potential and aim to provide high levels of support to ensure their success.
As a Lecturer in Biology, you will deliver and assess various units on Level 1-3 programmes in Biology.
As a Lecturer in Biology, you should:
- Educated to degree level in Biology/Science or professional qualification in related subject
- Have GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent
- Have experience of teaching Level 1 – 3 qualifications
- Experience of adopting a range of teaching and learning strategies.
See what we have to offer and come and join us…
- Generous, employer contributory, pension schemes
- 37 days (pro rata) annual leave plus public holidays and Group closure days
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets, and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: Monday 12 June 2023
Interview date: Thursday 22 June 2023
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification.
PLEASE NOTE NO AGENCIES, DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.