Associate Assessor - Childcare & Education (LUM492/185)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £14.43 - £15.76 per hour
- 23 May 2023
- 22 Jul 2023
- Subject Area
- Child Development and Early Learning
- Job Level
- Trainer / Assessor / Verifier
- Contract Type
About the Role
The Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development (YCTD) offers a wide range of courses from Entry 3 to Level 7; this includes an extensive fully funded digital-learning provision which we deliver to employers and learners nationally.
Some of our most popular courses within Childcare & Education include Understanding Autism, Neuroscience in Early Years, and Children & Young Peoples Mental Health; each of these skills focused courses deliver exceptional outcomes to our learners helping them to enter or progress within the workplace.
What You Will Do
As an associate assessor, you will work with our learners to help them to gain a qualification but also develop their confidence through education; as an associate assessor you are self-employed on behalf of YCTD. Our courses start all year round so we have a constant demand for assessors to work on learner portfolios, the benefit to you is that you get to flexibly choose how many learners you work with around your other commitments.
We have an ongoing demand for associate assessors across the UK. If you hold, or are working towards, an assessor's qualification and have occupational competence and experience we want to hear from you!
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
The Yorkshire Centre for Training and Development, part of Luminate Education Group, specialises in bespoke training, compliance & professional development and funded training for organisations.
We offer training and development for a range of clients by working with individuals to give them the skills to enter meaningful employment, such as in our Restaurant Ready Programme. We also offer courses to enhance our client’s workforce in the form of upskilling. As part of this, we work with organisations to design, build and develop learning which enhances their performance.
Our flagship courses include: NEBOSH, IOSH and First Aid. We deliver these utilising our state-of-the-art trainers who provide outstanding teaching in our excellent learning venue, Engine Room.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.