Curriculum Departmental Administrator
- Mary Ward Centre
- Holborn and Covent Garden, London (Greater)
- £25,487.04 to £27,336.12
- 23 May 2023
- 16 Jun 2023
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Curriculum / Course Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Full Time: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a curriculum administrator to support the Team Leader of the Curriculum Administrator Department, in the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, processes and procedures for the centre wide and subject specific policies and activities.
The post holder will work as part of a central team who will share responsibility for several tasks and will be the link person with responsibility for specific subject areas. They will liaise with colleagues to ensure that information and advice relating to programmes across the provision is communicated appropriately with staff, students and partner organisations.
The post holder will:
- Maintain records, both paper based and electronic
- Contribute to the marketing and promotion of the programme, including course publicity and information and follow-up communications to promote courses.
- Be a member of the staff team and to support a way of operating that values mutuality, respect, consideration and honesty. Implement Centre policies and procedures, in particular the Single Equality Policy, Learner Welfare Policy and Health and Safety Policy, and be aware of their implications for the performance of duties.
- Carry out other Centre-wide duties, as reasonably directed, that contribute to the effective and efficient running of the Centre.
- Undertake an annual appraisal in the role and identify training and development needs.
- Participate in the evaluation of any training and development undertaken and be prepared to share with other staff the outcomes of staff development activities.
The Mary Ward Centre offers high quality adult education and community services, covering the areas of Digital Media, Computing & IT, Business and Management, English and Maths, Languages, Humanities and Social Sciences, Health and Social Care, Writing and Publishing, Visual Arts, Music and Singing.
In the current academic year (2022-23) the centre’s main premises are at Queen Square in Holborn and we also hold sessions at our other site at Blackfriars Settlement, 1 Rushworth Street SE1 0RB, which is a short walk from Waterloo and Southwark underground stations. From academic year 2023-24 our main site will move to a new purpose-built premises on Stratford High Street, 10 minutes’ walk from the main train and bus station and 5 minutes from Stratford High Street DLR. We will continue to deliver courses from the Blackfriars settlement as well. Our students will continue to come from all walks of life, living both locally and London wide (and beyond). Their education, work and life experience varies enormously.
How to Apply
Please read the full job description and person specification on the website.
How to Apply: Please fill in the application form and recruitment monitoring form, which is available on the website by clicking 'apply' below, and email to Alleena.email@example.com
Queries: If you have any queries or would like more information about this role, you can contact Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 16th June 2023
Interviews: W/C 19th June 2023 (this may be subject to change)
*Please note we DO NOT accept CV’s or cover letters*