Apprenticeship Recruitment Officer (LUM493/287)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Commencing at £21,585 with progression to £22,840
- 23 May 2023
- 04 Jun 2023
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Careers Advice
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
About the Role
12 month fixed term contract covering paternity leave
The Apprenticeship Recruitment officer role will play a pivotal part in the learner journey for Leeds City college apprenticeships. You will provide a professional service for both businesses and prospective apprentices, supporting the learner journey into an Apprenticeship through liaison with curriculum schools, managing applications, and supporting candidates from initial enquiry and application to apprenticeship start with the employer
What You Will Do
- Arrange and coordinate candidate information sessions including parent information sessions where it will increase the supply for all our vacancies
- Deliver effective induction session to new apprentices and employers
- Provide candidates with relevant information, advice and guidance of vacancies and general apprenticeship information
- Support candidates with CV/application development and interview techniques
- Create sector specific talent pools from new and existing approved applications
- Ensure that all approved applicants are put forward for the vacancy they have applied for and then for future vacancies if required
- Provide employers with recruitment updates and assist them where required
- Promote vacancies both internally and externally using different methods
The specific qualifications, experience, skills and values that are required for the role are outlined below. You should demonstrate your ability to meet these requirements by providing clear and concise examples on the application form
- Educated to Level 3 (A Level standard or equivalent)
- Literacy and Numeracy at Level 2/ GCSE grade A - C or equivalent
- Experience of working in a team
- Previous recruitment experience - CV Writing
- Experience of working in a college/training provider setting would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop effective relationships with employers, students, parent and carers, develop rapport and empathy and a solution-focused approach
- Good administration skills and the ability to prioritise own workload
- Knowledge and understanding of the local labour market with a focus on stakeholders needs
- Ability to work effectively with computer programmes such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Google platforms
- Work flexibly and across campuses and occasional evenings when necessary
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.