Lecturer - Electrical Installation
The Bedford College Group are looking for experienced Electrical Installation Lecturers to join our team at Tresham College, Wellingborough and Corby. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality classes to a variety of students, providing guidance and support to ensure they reach their learning goals.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant and renowned college as we build on our track record of delivering best practice educational standards. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for teaching, a commitment to excellence, and a dedication to delivering an outstanding educational experience.
- Develop course content and instructional materials to meet the educational needs of the students
- Deliver lectures, practical sessions, and assessments according to established curriculum
- Identify student needs and provide appropriate guidance, support and feedback
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date student records
- Participate in college-wide initiatives and professional development activities
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Level 2 qualification in Electrical Installation, and a willingness to achieve Level 3
- Experience teaching Electrical Installation classes in a further education or higher education setting
- Up-to-date knowledge of the Electrical Installation industry
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Candidates are reminded that if they are barred from working with children it is a criminal offence to submit an application for the position.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Central Bedfordshire College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year - we will also consider part-time working to a minimum of 0.5 FTE (18.5 hours per week)
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
Attachments: JDPS - ELE Trainee OR Lecturer.docx
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.