Student Experience and Wellbeing Lead
Full Time, Term Time Only (40 weeks) and Permanent
Actual salary based on full 40 weeks = £18,965 - £22,522
Job Purpose: To promote and champion the wellbeing of students through activities and events in an innovative and engaging way. To ensure college is an inclusive environment and students have an experience that enables them to be all that they can be.
- Proven track record of working with young people in groups.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering information
- Knowledge of networking with individuals and agencies
- Knowledge and awareness of issues affecting young adults
- Knowledge of the barriers when offering student engagement activities and strategies to overcome them Knowledge of safeguarding legislation and have Level 1 or 2 Safeguarding or working towards
For more information, click on the job information pack below:
Why work at Bridgend College?
- Family friendly schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme and various wellbeing support services
- Excellent on site facilities including coffee shops
- Learning and development opportunities
- Placed 22nd in the Best Companies top 25 ‘Best Large Companies to Work For in the UK’, 8th in the ‘Best Companies to Work for in Wales’ category and 3rd in the UK within the ‘Education and Training’ category (2022)
Bridgend College recognises its responsibility to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all students. We apply a rigorous process of checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children and vulnerable adults.
The above post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure for child and adult workforce and registration as a FE Learning Support Worker with the Education Workforce Council. We are actively seeking to improve representation from all sections of the community and promoting equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from everyone, including people from different backgrounds and communities, and of different ages.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability if their application meets the essential criteria for the post, and consider them on their abilities. We can also offer reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.
Please note there may be a requirement for a second stage interview or assessment.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.