Associate Teacher (Music)
We have a great opportunity based at our Corby Sixth Form campus for a flexible hourly-paid Associate Teacher to become part of our Sixth Form department. We currently have requirements in the areas of Geography, Sport, Health and Social Care and Music.
As an Associate Teacher, you will play a role in the success of our students through:
- Helping students develop their skills and reach their maximum potential through the delivery of courses and contributing to the development of Sixth Form curriculum and student experience.
- Undertaking an agreed teaching commitment that develops students’ knowledge, skills and understanding.
- Enthusing, engaging and motivating students to learn and foster their curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Planning, preparing and delivering a range of lessons maintaining a high quality learning environment.
Our ideal candidates will have current experience of teaching A Level and experience of teaching in a Sixth Form or FE College environment with students 16 – 18 year olds, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Certificate in Education or equivalent in line with the Statutory Instrument
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Candidates who are barred from working with children are reminded it is a criminal offence to apply for this post.
What is an Associate?
Associates work on a short term basis as assigned. They teach or provide support services and they work with and are supported by core staff. As an Associate you will be issued with an Associate agreement, under this Agreement period you will be eligible to work on assignments offered to you. Typically an agreement runs from January to December and may be renewed thereafter.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type - Bedford College Professional Services
- Current requirement for Geography (5 Lessons), Sport (10 Lessons), Health and Social Care (10 Lessons), Music (5 Lessons) per week
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- £20.50 per hour (Unqualified) £21.50 per hour (Qualified PGCE/Cert Ed or equivalent)
- Subject Area
- Performing Arts
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Part Time