Lecturer in English
We have a great opportunity based across our Northamptonshire campuses for a Lecturer in English to become a key member of our Maths and English department.
As a Lecturer in English, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing English on a range of courses and levels.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience of teaching and assessing GCSE English courses and knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area, alongside the following qualifications:
- Relevant degree and/or level 5 qualification in English.
- Certificate in Education/PGCE or equivalent or willingness to achieve.
- GSCE Maths and English (grades A – C) or equivalent.
Applicants are required to have a valid driving license and own means of transport due to the role involving travel between campuses.
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Candidates who are barred from working with children are reminded it is a criminal offence to apply for this post.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type - Bedford College
- 18.5 hours per week (0.5 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on 19th June 2023.
Supporting Documents: JDPS Lecturer English (3).docx
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- £26,000 - £33,619 pa, pro rata, depending on qualifications and experience
- Subject Area
- English Language / Literature
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Part Time