Apprentice Level 2 Production Chef (LUM617/127)
About the Role
- Under 18 Years Old - £10,495
- 18-20 Years Old - £14,758
- 21-22 Years Old - £19,948
- 23+ Years Old - £20,391
The apprentice will work within the team at Printworks Kitchen & Bar, learning, training and putting into practice food preparation and service tasks.
It will also require excellent customer service and ensuring the kitchen food safety standards are followed and a high level of cleaning standards are maintained.
What You Will Do
- Produce fresh food preparation ( salads, vegetables, fish, meat, desserts) and, eventually, cooking of all meals on the menu, meeting portion controls
- Deliver excellent customer service and ensuring the kitchen food safety standards are followed and a high level of cleaning standards are maintained.
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes and adapt dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules
- Complete all due diligence records accurately, including legislative and quality standard documentation
- maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene in all areas of the kitchen.
- Work occasional evening and weekend to support on functions and events
- Passion for (good) food, and offering great customer service
- Desire to learn
- Good time management
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic, confident, reliable, flexible, positive and outgoing
- Able to work on your own initiative and take direction, ability to work at a fast pace,
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.