Technician - Engineering (LUM445/223)
4 days left
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £21,028 per annum + uplift of up to £4000
- 19 May 2023
- 06 Jun 2023
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities, Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
The School of Engineering gears up the next generation of engineers, with passionate experts developing students’ practical skills. We focus on covering multiple aspects of each specialism, health and safety knowledge, as well as engineering principles, giving our students an advantage over competitors.
Our engineering department facilities are second-to-none. These include motor vehicle mechanics, body & panel paint repair, electrical installation, mechanical engineering, electronic engineering, and fabrication and welding.
What You Will Do
- Oversee the technical aspects of the milling, turning, CNC, welding booths, cutting and fabrication.
- Produce and organise materials to facilitate the classes.
- Maintain H&S of the area
- Maintain orders, stock and risk assessments
- Maintain regular checks of machinery and tools and servicing contracts
- Research for optimum suppliers and developments in the machinery for upgrades
- Stock control
- Ensure the workshop areas are clean and up to required standards following H&S practices
- Liaise with H&S team for reviews and checks
- Support teaching staff in workshop delivery for periods of time
- You will need to be enthusiastic and keen to develop the next generation of engineers.
- It is advantageous if you have some IT skills and also experience of basic current engineering knowledge.
- Be willing to up-skill and be part of the development of the workshop to make sure that the learners have the most up to date experience.
- Experience of engaging with students in a learning environment.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.