Academic Programme Administrator
Established in 1597, Gresham College is a charity which provides high-quality free education to the public in a broad range of subjects. The College aims to stimulate a love of learning and intellectual curiosity and to champion academic rigour, professional expertise and freedom of expression.
Gresham College has been providing free lectures within the City of London for over 400 years. The lectures are now live-streamed and available on YouTube or our website www.gresham.ac.uk
The College is now in year 3 of an exciting 5-year plan which has the primary aim of increasing and broadening the audience which the College reaches. Working at Gresham College is hugely rewarding in terms of the breadth and range of subjects covered and the knowledge and intellectual reputations of our speakers, as well as the opportunities for input into our academic programme.
Purpose To provide administrative support for the Academic Programme team
Reports to The Academic Programme Officer
• To assist in the administration of the academic programme of lectures at Gresham College
• To help and support staff in the preparation and presentation of the lectures, dealing with tickets and reservations, managing supporting materials for events, ensuring venues are properly set up before lectures and other events
• To liaise with professors and speakers to ensure the delivery of lecture materials in advance
• To assist with Twitter and other social media updates under the direction of the Communications Team
• To provide administrative support for meetings and guest visits
• To assist with preparation for specific events such as Special Lectures and formal dinners
• To work late evenings as required (for which time off in lieu is allowable)
• To undertake such other duties as may from time to time be required
• An interest in and commitment to the vision, mission and values of Gresham College
• An intelligent and committed person able to work independently and show initiative
• Good IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe)
• Good attention to detail (as is critical in timetabling, scheduling, and programme creation)
• Good interpersonal skills especially in the role of the public face of the College • Good organisational and time-management skills
• Able to work well in small team
• Ability to work unsupervised in a position which is seldom completely ‘routine’
• Flexible in approach, willing to assist and support others and to get involved in many different aspects of the College
• Good presentation of material, in terms of style, accuracy and literacy
• Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
• Flexible about working hours including required cover for evening lectures (for which time off in lieu is allowable)
• Experience in minute-taking
• Experience in a higher education setting
Gresham College encourages applications from those of diverse backgrounds. The College is committed to fairness, consistency and transparency in selection decisions. Panel members are aware of the principles of equality of opportunity and fair selection.
All applications will be managed in accordance with the College’s recruitment policy; the process is outlined below.
The selection and interview process will be managed a panel comprised of employees and/or other persons. The final appointment will be made subject to satisfactory references, and any other necessary document checks (e.g., right to work in the UK).
For more information on how to apply for this post please click apply below.
The closing date for the position of Academic Programme Administrator at Gresham College is 9.00 am Monday 6 June 2023, but will close earlier if the position is filled.