Administration Assistant (LUM1608/245)
3 days left
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £21,028 per annum
- 19 May 2023
- 11 Jun 2023
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
This is an exciting time to join us as our area covers Estates and Capital Projects which includes Health, Safety and Environment Team, the Campus Facilities Team, Property and Maintenance Team and Capital Projects Team. Between us all we service the estates across the whole of the Luminate Group.
As well as undergoing a significant change to enable future growth, we are embarking in a growth programme to create a number of new campuses over the next five years which will help us to meet the needs of our students and sustainability. This is an excellent opportunity to join us during a period of change and make a real difference in the lives of the students that study at our campuses.
The overall purpose of the role will be to provide administrative support to the Estates team, dealing with routine enquiries from departments and external customers. The post holder will be competent in liaising with a variety of stakeholders, maintaining professionalism when interacting with people at all levels.
You will assist in developing and maintaining filing systems, such as Sharepoint, whilst preparing reports and spreadsheets under the guidance of your line manager.
What You Will Do
- Provide administrative support to the Estates & Campus Facilities management function
- First point of contact to deal with routine enquiries from a variety of sources including internal customers, contractors, consultants and suppliers
- Responsible for the Estates help desk system and processes, including providing standard system reports as required
- Develop and maintain the department filing and document storage and retrieval system including handling confidential documents
- Arrange meetings for senior managers, including sending out invites, resolving any scheduling/availability issues, providing agendas, finding venues where necessary and note/ minute taking, approval and distribution in liaison with the meeting chair or organiser
- Maintain and order stock for the department including ordering of general stationery and pre-printed documents.
- Must have a Literacy & numeracy qualification at Level 2
- Previous experience of delivering exceptional customer service and administration preferably in a regulated environment
- Experience of taking minutes, creating meeting agenda's
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office and google packages
- Able to prioritise your own workload to meet deadlines set
For more information about the role please contact Danielle Fielding on email@example.com
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.