5 days left
- Moulton College
- Moulton, Northampton
- £22,868 - £24,954 pa
- 18 May 2023
- 07 Jun 2023
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Quality and Standards, Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time
In an environment where the safeguarding children and vulnerable adults is a central theme in all that we do, we are looking for a dedicated individual to join our team in this key role.
We are looking for someone to play an active part in a growing student welfare and wellbeing team to support our students.
Key elements of this role include;
- Support the College Safeguarding & Wellbeing Coordinators in the management of safeguarding cases.
- Work with other cross college services to identify vulnerable students and encourage engagement with available support.
- Provide advice, guidance, support and signposting to external services as required.
- Work as one of the College Safeguarding Officers, implementing the college’s safeguarding and child protection policy and procedures.
- Daily monitoring and management of wellbeing and student needs. This incorporates the safeguarding referral system, follow-up and contact by telephone and/or in writing with learners, parents, carers, agencies, and other responsible workers to ensure excellent student engagement levels.
- Work with the curriculum teams, student services, student support officer, learning support and personal development tutors to identify and prioritise vulnerable learners early to ensure appropriate support is in place to minimise risk of low attendance, low achievement and/or withdrawal.
- Work with the Residential Coordinator to ensure that residential students are safeguarded.
- Represent the College at multi-agency meetings which could be held at College, virtually or off site.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records using appropriate college systems e.g. Pro-Monitor, My Concern.
The successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, abilities and qualities will include:
- Minimum of grade C in GCSE Maths and English Language (or equivalent)
- First Aid qualification or willing to work towards achieving this.
- Safeguarding qualification or willing to work towards achieving this.
- Previous experience of working with young people vulnerable adults.
- Knowledge of systems and agencies that operate to support the care of young people.
- Experience of presenting information (written and verbally) in a sensitive manner
- Ability to collate facts using multiple sources of information and make appropriate recommendations
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Confident user of IT systems and/or ability to learn new systems quickly
- Naturally resilient
- Calm, well-mannered and emotionally balanced individual
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 7 June 2023 at 5:30pm.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.