Customer Service Assistant x3
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £21,028 per annum
- 17 May 2023
- 04 Jun 2023
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Sales and Marketing, Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
About the Role
3 vacancies available, please specify your preferred vacancy on your supporting statement:
- Eastgate Centre - 27.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm (Full year)
- Enfield Centre - 18 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 4:30pm to 9pm (Reduced year)
- Rothwell Centre - 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday between 8:30am & 6pm to include 3 days finishing at 6pm. (Fixed term to 24th May 2024)
The Adult, Community and ESOL Team deliver a range of exciting courses to our diverse learners in the heart of our community. From maths and English to flower arranging and dress making there is something for everyone. We are recruiting Customer Service Assistants to man our front of house desks to provide services across our community campuses. We're looking for enthusiastic and vibrant professionals who are able to engage with and support our learners. Never worked in a college? That's okay! We're looking for your skills, experience, and ability to make our students feel welcome in our centres acting as the first point of contact and face that they see....and we have a range of learning and development opportunities for you too! Our Campuses are: Rothwell, North Street, Beeston, Eastgate, Deacon House and Enfield.
What You Will Do
- Ensuring that the highest level of front of house service is delivered consistently to students, staff, stakeholders and external visitors to exceed their expectations.
- Greet and sign in visitors.
- Issue student ID badges
- Check ID badges.
- Answer telephone calls,
- Support student enrolments within the School.
- Provide cover and support to colleagues across the Schools as required, catering for fluctuating workloads and absences
- Any other admin duties required
- Relevant Customer Service qualification/training/experience.
- Experience in working in a customer-focused role/environment.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office/Google application.
- Knowledge of data protection and confidentiality requirements.
- Good communication skills.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Problem-Solving skills.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.