Facilities Assistant - Security (LUM520/244)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £21,028 plus an allowance for SIA licensed staff
- 17 May 2023
- 01 Jun 2023
- Job Level
- Facilities Support
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
We are seeking a Facilities Assistant - Security at our Keighley Campus to provide a safe and welcoming service for our students, staff and visitors on campus, working alongside our Estate Services teams.
This role is part of a small team responsible for ensuring that teaching and learning activities are able to run effectively.
The role is 37 hours per week, spread equally over 5 days. The campus currently operates Monday to Friday. However, weekend work may be required when we have any external or internal college events.
What You Will Do
- Provide effective guarding and patrolling of internal and external areas.
- Support the Access Control requirements to provide a safe and secure environment.
- Effectively engage with our learners to ensure they understand the standards of behaviour expected, and act restoratively to any given situation.
- Assist the site team and provide support with the Emergency Evacuation Procedures such as Fire Alarm Activations and any other emergency situations.
- You may at times be asked to assist with unlocking and locking of premises, including setting of the Intruder Alarm.
- You may be asked to assist the Facilities Supervisor with CCTV monitoring in line with policy and legislation
- You may also be asked to support the Facilities Supervisor with on-site contractors and visitors, ensuring an understanding of the College guidelines and procedures.
- There may also be occasions where you will be needed to assist the team with any other duties such as occasional events and exam set-ups, open events and enrolment.
- Able to deliver outstanding customer service to our students and staff experience in a supportive, restorative and engaging manner
- A good understanding of health and safety in the workplace and safe working practices
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent is essential, along with a willingness to undertake the First Aid at Work course
- Having an SIA door supervision licence would be desirable but not essential as training can be provided if necessary
- Previous work experience in a similar role
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Luminate Education Group is a collective of education providers based in Yorkshire with one clear purpose: to make a positive difference to people’s lives through genuinely transformative education and training.
We offer a wide range of job vacancies across our business support functions - Finance, Human Resources, ITSS, Marketing, Communications, Executive Support, Estates and Food Services. Our large size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
As an education provider, we are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our workforce, and you’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.