Technology Coordinator - Engineering
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Technology Coordinator - Engineering to become a key member of our Engineering department.
As a Technology Coordinator - Engineering, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing a professional level of preparation, technical instruction, demonstration and supervision for the technical facilities and equipment in the Engineering department.
- Working as part of a team to facilitate use of technology within the Engineering curriculum using equipment to create new practical activities.
- Actively promote the resources of the Engineering department and encourage cross-disciplinary engagement with other departments.
- Having a lead role for Health and Safety within the Engineering department managing the risk assessment process and ensuring safe use of equipment and facilities.
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of health and safety procedures and practices, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 relevant vocational qualification in General, Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical engineering
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Candidates who are barred from working with children are reminded it is a criminal offence to apply for this post.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on 7th June 2023
Attachments: Technology Coordinator - Engineering.docx
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- Up to £27,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time