Teaching Assistant - Higher Level - English
Do you have the enthusiasm, skills and ability needed to provide high-quality support to 16-19-year-old learners studying English?
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your skills and experience in working in an educational environment?
Do you have a potential interest in a future career in teaching or student support?
If so, this could be the right opportunity for you!
We are looking for Higher-Level Teaching Assistants in English to work in our growing department, providing exceptional targeted support to learners on GCSE and Functional Skills programmes. If you want to help to develop innovative teaching and learning strategies and provide effective personalised support to enable our students to achieve their highest potential - then Oldham College is for you!
In this role you will:
- Be an outstanding teaching assistant providing in-class and 1:1/small group tuition support
- Inspire, challenge and support others to enable them to achieve more than they thought possible;
- Nurture a culture of professional development that is integrated seamlessly in every day practice;
- Be bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards;
- Drive Oldham College’s vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
You must have a minimum of a Grade C/4 in GCSE English or Level 2 Functional Skills and experience of working in a support, mentoring or educator role.
AS/A Level English or a Degree in English or a related subject is desirable, in addition to experience of working within the Secondary or Further Education sector.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work”. We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable laws, a pre-employment screening could include, employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation Act 1974. It is an offence to apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children and vulnerable adults.
Further details of the role can be found in the attached Job Description
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- Oldham College
- £23,132 - £25,956 pro-rata per annum
- Subject Area
- English Language / Literature
- Job Level
- Teaching Assistant
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time