Programme Tutor- Games Design
We are really excited to release this role as it will be key for the continued success of our Games Design courses and teaching our students the most up to date and relevant digital and creative skills they need to progress in today’s Creative industry. We are eager to attract individuals from the Creative industry who have up to date skills and knowledge they can share with our learners. We would also like you to be able to show experience in teaching and learning.
You will join our dynamic and experienced Creative team to teach Games Design mainly across levels 1-3, while providing pastoral support for your games students, supporting their progression to their next step and career development plans.
You will provide students with the knowledge and skills they need to progress to University or an apprenticeship in Games Design. We are looking for a candidate who has;
- Experience of traditional visual communication skills such as observational drawing, digital image making and animation. Applicants should have their own portfolio of their work in the field of games and animation. Experience of teaching digital 3D Modelling, texturing, VR and/or animation skills. Experience of working in the Games industry as a games artists or designer. Experience of creative project management and will understand and be able to guide students through their project work using creative research and development processes.
We welcome applications from industry specialists who have some experience in teaching young people and are keen to continue to develop their teaching skills. If you have not taught previously you must state in your application why you wish to change career to a tutor in an Further Education setting.
Our UAL level 1,2 and 3 courses ensure students are both academically and practically prepared for work within technically and creatively driven industries. Our Creative area sits in a recently purpose built building with specialist studios and industry standard suites of equipment and resources. Our Games suite has excellent resources for our Games Design students to thrive. We are supported by a team of specialist technicians who create an exciting and well resourced environment for teaching staff and students. We ae keen participants in WorldSkillsUK.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform Very generous holiday entitlement Employee Assistance Scheme Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug) Free confidential counselling service Staff recognition awards Car Scheme Subsidised car parking On-site Day Nursery On-site hair and beauty salon
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work”. We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable laws, a pre-employment screening could include, employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation Act 1974. It is an offence to apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children and vulnerable adults.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- Oldham College
- £29,165 - £33,800 per annum
- Subject Area
- Arts, Crafts and Design, Information and Communication Technology
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support, Curriculum / Course Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time