Student Data Officer
We are looking to appoint a highly organised and enthusiastic person to join our friendly Student Data team and will be responsible for the production of the ILR.
Do you have a passion for problem solving? Are you a forward thinker?
Are you good at communicating well with your team?
Do you have experience of working in the Further Education Sector and do you have an understanding of data collection?
Well look no further because Oldham College has a great opportunity waiting for you.
Ideally you will have experience of working with student records and have knowledge of how post-16 education funding works, but it shouldn’t be an obstacle to applying. If you are highly numerate, enjoy working under pressure and have an excellent attention to detail when working with data we would love to hear from you. In addition to that you will also need excellent IT skills including a high-level knowledge of Excel.
So, if this sounds like you and you’re looking for the next step in your career, this opportunity could be the right one for you!
Not only will be you working alongside some great colleagues but will benefit from and excellent pension scheme and a generous holiday allowance of 32 days, plus Bank Holidays, plus 2 weeks over the Christmas period.
As a Student Data Officer your duties will include:
- Processing student data through to our student data systems
- Take the initiative in resolving data, funding and compliance issues as they arise in order to ensure that data is correctly collected and managed.
- Ensuring that the data and systems are fit for purpose to meet the needs of funding and awarding bodies.
- Pro-actively engage in the efficient, effective and timely completion of enrolments, learner actions, data reports, ILR data returns and audits as required by the College and external bodies.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work”. We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable laws, a pre-employment screening could include, employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- Oldham College
- £21,452 - £22,729 per annum
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Quality and Standards, Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time